Please confirm availability and tariff for your cottage before using the booking form by contacting us first.
Our Booking Terms and Conditions can be viewed below, please read before completing a booking form.
SPRING COTTAGES – BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Contract
1.1 This Contract is made between Spring Cottages, ie Gina & Ken Falcon (the Owners), and the person completing and sending the Booking Form (the Hirer). The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and confirmation sent from the Owners to the Hirer.
- Booking Conditions
2.1 Bookings cannot be accepted from:
- Persons under the age of 21 years
- Parties where the majority of members are under 21years (except families or supervised groups)
2.2 The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed two, except with the express agreement of the Owners.
2.3 The Owners reserve the right to decline any booking, or refuse to hand over a key, to any Hirer who has not complied with the booking conditions.
2.4 The hirer accepts that the property, when vacated, is to be left generally in the same condition as when occupied, ie with all crockery and utensils washed and returned to its original location, with all refuse and recyclables placed in the appropriate bin or box, with all carpets vacuumed, etc.
2.5 Where relevant, the hirer accepts the conditions relating to pets. See Section 13 below.
3.1 Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone or e-mail and must be confirmed within 7 days (UK) or 10 days (outside UK) by the arrival of the required non-returnable deposit. Unconfirmed reservations will be cancelled after 7 (or 10) days without further reference.
3.2 To secure a reservation, the Hirer should:
- Booking Form: Complete all parts. (A booking form will be forwarded by post following a request to the Owners, or can be downloaded from www.springcottages.co.uk.)
- Deposit: Send the completed booking form, by post, or by e-mail, and arrange payment of the deposit which is 30% of the total cost of the holiday. This deposit is non-returnable.
- Balance: Pay the balance of the cost of the holiday four weeks before the holiday is due to start. Reminders are not normally sent out.
- Cleaning / Damage Deposit: A security deposit of £50 is to be paid by separate cheque with the Balance or Final payment for the accommodation. This cheque will not be cashed, but held on file. If upon departure, the state of the cleanliness is satisfactory and nothing is damaged, the cheque will be destroyed.
Please be assured that the deposit will only be used if it is deemed that wilful damage has occurred or if it is required for excessive cleaning of the property for the next occupation. It does not mean that we will charge for normal wear and tear or accidental breakages, we understand that accidents occur. We simply ask that guests respect the property and leave it as they find it on arrival. We reserve the right to deduct the cost form the deposit accordingly, and if this is found to be the case and the deposit is insufficient to cover the repair/replacement or cleaning costs, guests are liable to pay any additional costs.
3.3 If the balance is not received within the time specified the Owners reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
3.4 Bookings made within four weeks of the start of the holiday require full payment within 7 (or 10) days of the provisional booking, unless alternative arrangements are agreed with the Owners.
3.5 Payment for bookings can be made by cheques drawn on a UK bank payable in Sterling to Gina Falcon, by Eurocheque or by bank transfer in Sterling, to the Owners’ account, details of which can be acquired by phone, e-mail or post. The person making payment shall be responsible for all charges incurred in making the payment.
- In the event of cancellation by the Hirer, the Owners will endeavour to re-let the property and, if successful, may refund any monies paid, less the non-returnable deposit.
- The Owners recommend that the Hirer arranges appropriate Holiday Insurance Cover.
- BOOKING ALTERATIONS
5.1 Any change in holiday dates will be subject to the agreement of the Owners.
5.2 If for reasons beyond their control, the Owners have to cancel arrangements made for the Hirer, the Owners will return to the Hirer any monies paid, whereupon the Owners’ liability will cease.
Occupancy shall be from 4 pm (16.00 hours) on the day of arrival to 10 am (10.00 hours) on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been made.
7.1 Gas, for running hot water, is included in the hire charge.
7.2 Low tariff electricity, for the storage heaters, is included in the hire charge.
7.3 Normal electricity, for all other uses, ie lighting, cooking etc, is included in the hire charge.
- DAMAGE, LOSS AND NUISANCE
8.1 The Hirer agrees:
- That the supervision of any adult requiring care, child, and pet remains the responsibility of the Hirer at all times.
- To leave the accommodation in good order and in clean condition, or, otherwise, that a charge to carry out the cleaning will be made.
- To reimburse the owners for any damage or loss however caused, but excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation.
- Not to cause nuisance, or annoyance, to the occupants of any neighbouring, or nearby, property.
- To allow reasonable access to the property by the Owners, or persons employed by the Owners, if it is deemed necessary.
8.2 If, in the opinion of the Owners, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be discharged and the Owners may repossess the property immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund shall be due.
The Owners cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, electrical equipment or otherwise, or exceptional weather. Neither can any responsibility be accepted for loss or damage of property (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during their occupancy.
10.1 Whilst the Owners have made, and will make, every effort to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions, these are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are any points of particular importance, please contact the Owners to clarify information.
10.2 Whilst the Owners have taken all responsible steps to ensure that the information contained in its brochures, tariffs, leaflets and advertisements are accurate, the Owners reserve the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
- WAIVER AND LEGAL PROVISIONS
11.1 The failure of the Owners to enforce or exercise, at any time, or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
11.2 The law of England governs the construction, validity and performance of this Agreement and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. The Hirer agrees that the Contract with the Owners is made at the Owners’ premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the Owners. Clause headings are for convenience only and do not form part of or affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
12.1 If, in the opinion of the Hirer, there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the Owners as soon as possible and, in any event, before departure to allow remedial action to be taken.
12.2 It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Owners of any complaint in accordance with the time-scale set out in clause 12.1 will entitle the Owners to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.
12.3 As an English Tourism Council member, the Owners have undertaken to observe the English Tourism Council’s code of conduct. In the event of an unresolved complaint, the Owners reserve the right to refer the matter to the Council for arbitration.
13.1 Any Pet, including a dog, can only be accepted by prior arrangement with the Owners. A dog will only be accepted in Cherry Tree Cottage.
13.2 In order to ensure that the Owners continue to welcome pets, the Hirer must undertake the following
- Any pet must be kept under strict control at all times whilst on the property
- Any fouling of grass, paths etc must be cleared up without delay
- The Hirer must bring the pet’s bedding and/or any other requirements
- No pet is to be left in the property unattended
- No pet is allowed on beds, chairs or settees. In Cherry Tree Cottage, it is intended that any dog, which is wet from walks/garden, should be restricted to the area which is tiled and enclosed by the gate. Dogs are not allowed in the bedroom.
13.3 In the interest of visitors’ safety and as a result of government legislation, the Owners are unable to accept the following types of dog: American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro and Doga Argentino even where the dog is muzzled as required by law.